Sunday, July 11, 2010

Feeling Blessed


Three years ago today, God blessed us with an incredible gift and we named him Isaiah James. I'm simultaneously thinking "where did THREE years go?" and "wow, it's only been three years...feels more like ten!" I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today as I think back on the moments just before Zay was born. I was really excited to meet the little person that was about to change my life, and I had no idea what was in store for me - that I could love someone so incredibly much (and that the same person would be able to make me laugh, cry, scream and want to pull my hair out all within one hour's time in his toddler years!).

Isaiah is sweet and gentle (unless it involves Camilla). He is a smart little boy with a pretty extensive vocabulary. He loves cars and can name most of the car makes we see about town. His current "favorite" care is a Toyota Prius. He loves music and listening to the radio. He really loves anything by Lady Gaga, but also enjoys some Matt Nathanson, Dave Matthews, Ben Harper and Bob Marley. He HAS to dance if hears anything remotely close to a beat. He has always been a terrible sleeper. He is passionate. He loves having guests over to visit. He pronounces "sp" as "f" so today is his "fecial day" and he'll eat his ice cream with a "foon." He'll do just about anything to go to the park or the pool. He is inquisitive. He never stops talking (unless he's eating). He has to have something to snuggle with when he drinks milk: "mama, who I can snuggle wif?"

I could go on and on and on. I love this little boy and am so grateful for such a blessing. Happy Birthday, Zay Zay!

No comments: