Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bacon in Paradise

So, we've been in the house for a little over a month now, and I've been so busy getting moved in that I haven't posted in way too long. Just had to get these two things out there before I forget, though.

1. I was getting the kids ready for school this morning, and this is what happened:

Erin: "What do you want to wear to school today, Zay?"

Zay: "I want to wear my silly shirt."

Erin: "Your silly shirt? I don't know what that is. You'll have to show me."

I open closet door and Zay immediately points to a tropical paradise shirt that Grandma brought back from St. Thomas a few years ago. It's been too big until now, but it's been hanging in the closet, and apparently Zay has had his eye on it. So, despite my "you want to wear THAT?!" I start getting him dressed in his silly shirt and some khaki shorts. As he's getting dressed, I see him looking into the closet again.

Zay: "Mama? Are those shorts the shorts that match my silly shirt?" Oh, snap.

Erin: "Um, yes. Those shorts do go with that shirt."

Zay: "Mama! I want to wear bof of them!"

Erin: "Are you sure?"

Zay: "Yes."

Erin: "Are you SURE?!"

Zay: "Yes."

And there you have it. The boy picks out his very first outfit. You can only imagine the looks we got walking into school. When I picked him up, his teacher said that at one point, she looked over and all of his buttons were undone. Oh, Zay Zay. :)



2. Cam woke up from her nap on Monday and began speaking in full sentences, which is really cute. However, yesterday, she demanded bacon (baco) for lunch and screamed and cried "BACO! BACO! BACO!" for about a half hour. Last night, we were reading a book about two bears and she frantically turned back to the page where the bears are eating at a table together. "Baco! Baco!" Yes, Cam. They are eating bacon. Finally, when I was about to put her to bed, I asked "Does Cam love mama?" and the response I got was "Cam love baco." Alrighty, then. This morning, I made her bacon for breakfast and the poor girl's gums are hurting so badly from incoming molars that she couldn't even eat the baco. My poor little carnivore.

No comments: